Winning Touchdown Sweet and Salty Brownies
Whether your team wins or loses, we know everyone will leave happy after eating some of these brownies! They are classic fudge chocolate brownies with a couple twists inside that are going to make a sweet ending to an epic game day. Here is how to make them:
(makes 16 brownies)
2 sticks of butter
1 and ½ cups of chocolate chips
1 and ½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Himalayan’s Finest Fine Pink Salt (will need to sprinkle some later)
1 cup of flour
⅓ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
⅛ teaspoon of baking powder
⅓ to ½ cups of pecans (your preference on this one)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use shortening or oil to grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes or until smooth. Let cool for 3 minutes.
3. Once cool, whisk in sugar, vanilla, Himalayan’s Finest Fine Pink Salt and eggs until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking powder in a small bowl. Whisk into liquid batter until smooth.
5. Stir in pecans and the ½ cup of chocolate chips into batter until evenly mixed.
6. Pour batter into the greased baking pan and smooth the top layer out.
7. Bake for 25-28 minutes, then remove from the oven carefully with baking gloves.
8. Let cool and sprinkle a couple dashes of Himalayan’s Finest Fine Pink Salt over the brownies. Cut into squares and enjoy!